- Dig a small hole in the woods. Make one side of the hole deeper than the other, to allow space for both a dry and wet area.
- Make sure there are no roots in the way.
- Pour water into your hole, filling the deeper side with water. If the water dissipates (e.g: not enough clay in the dirt), line that side of the hole with part of the garbage bag first.
- Put the garbage bag over the hole.
- Gently place excess dirt over the bag.
- Check each day. but check every 4 or 5 hours.
- Uncover the hole. With any luck, there should be a small salamander in the hole.
- After you catch the Salamander, give it a nice home and love it forever.
- When you grab the salamander, wear gloves. The oils on your skin can kill it.
- Be gentle and don't handle it too much. This is a wild creature that needs its freedom to survive, so release him quickly, under some leaves or fallen wood.
- Be sure to take extra care with the tail, as salamanders detach their tails as a defense mechanism.
- Have fun with your new salamander!
Watch The videos below to Watch a demonstration on how to catch A Salamader. PS: If you need any other herping help videos to be added on to this wiki contact me at email@example.com Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.